Interested in working at People Places?
Check our job openings and fill out an application!
Current Opening: Family Mentor (part-time, Charlottesville)
Family Mentors provide hands-on support and guidance to families to help prevent placement disruption or facilitate successful reunification. They are a resource, coach, and advocate for their clients; a co-pilot on their clients’ journeys toward goal attainment.
Responsibilities and Duties
Through weekly home visits, Family Mentors provide parent education and support to promote positive, lasting impacts within family systems. Goals are individualized to meet the unique needs of each family. Common goals include parenting skills, organizational skills, accessing community resources, creating consistent and predictable family routines, communication skills, and securing/maintaining stable housing and employment.
Qualifications and Skills
Candidates should possess the following qualifications:
- Experience working in a community setting with families from diverse ethnic, cultural, and socioeconomic backgrounds
- Experience working with individuals and families with mental health needs
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and time management skills
- The ability to function well within interdisciplinary treatment teams
- The availability to spend several hours with each family on a weekly basis
- Dedication to the principles of service, social justice, integrity, and the inherent dignity and worth of every person
- Reliable form of transportation to visit clients in the Charlottesville/Albemarle Regional areas
Equal Employment Opportunity
People Places, Inc. (the “Agency.”) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the Agency complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status is expressly prohibited. Improper interference with the ability of Agency employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.