Interested in working at People Places?
Check our job openings and fill out our application!
Current Opening: Youth Mentors
People Places is seeking skilled and committed individuals to act as role models and teachers for youth in foster care. This position typically requires a few hours, of time with youth, each week.
Qualified candidates are those who are passionate about serving youth in foster care. Other requirements include: a high school diploma or GED and the ability to establish appropriate, positive, and nurturing relationships.
Candidates must pass a background check.
Current Opening: Family Mentors (part-time)
Family Mentors provide hands-on support and guidance to families to help either: a) prevent placement disruption, or b) facilitate successful reunification. They are a resource, coach, and advocate for their clients; a co-pilot on their clients’ journeys toward goal attainment. Through weekly home visits, Family Mentors provide parent education and support to promote positive, lasting impacts within family systems. Goals are individualized to meet the unique needs of each family; however, common goals revolve around parenting skills, organizational skills, accessing community resources, creating consistent and predictable family routines, communication skills, and securing stable housing and employment.
Candidates should possess the following qualifications:
- Experience working in a community setting with families from diverse ethnic, cultural, and socioeconomic backgrounds
- Experience working with individuals and families with mental health needs
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and time management skills
- The ability to function well within interdisciplinary treatment teams
- The availability to spend several hours with each family on a weekly basis
- Dedication to the principles of service, social justice, integrity, and the inherent dignity and worth of every person